One of the main problems facing persons with disabilities is the completion of their university education after dropping out of school. Consequently, sened Advocacy Team participated in the meeting held by the University of Gaziantep and the University of Istanbul by giving a presentation on the most important problems and challenges facing persons with disabilities to complete their university education.
The meeting was attended by several officials from Gaziantep University and Istanbul University. sened provided several recommendations to the university administration, including
- Tomer and YOS study should be free for people with special needs;
- Determining the proportion of university seats for people with special needs;
- Providing special grants for people with special needs;
- Appointing a social psychologist in universities to follow up the psychological situation of people with special needs and help them to overcome the obstacles;
- Activating distance education for people with special needs.