With God’s help, the training workshop was concluded under the title “Advocacy on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities”. The training included international conventions providing for the rights of women and children with disabilities. But we’re not going to stop here. More steps remain to be taken after a disability rights advocacy group was formed to communicate their voice more strongly and to advocate for their causes, through which sened Advocacy Team, consists of its members with special needs, was launched.
The workshop was held at sened’s office in Gaziantep on 17/07/2017 and continued until 22/07/2017. And these points happened thorgh it:
- Access to information and theoretical basis framework for human rights conventions and the conventions of protecting the rights of the disabled.
- The ability to transmit theoretical content about rights within the public awareness program to the rest of the community.
- Have awareness and advocacy skills.
- The trainees should be able to work on the implementation of awareness campaigns at the Turkish level in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Develop advocacy plans, schedules, and follow-up periodically throughout the life of the funded project.
- Form of a committee of advisers with experience in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Special Needs and International Humanitarian Law.
- Form a working group for the advocacy campaign and officially start working in sened as advocacy officials and follow them online to check the execution plan.